Monday, October 25, 2010

Batibot After Two Decades (?)

Good news. Bad news.
Good news. Batibot is coming back!!! Whew! After two decades(?), Batibot will return to serve as another modern-day babysitter’s tool. Kids love to watch TV and see animals talking, singing, and dancing with humans. Great! I am excited about this. I remember that days when Ate Sienna and Kuya Bodjie will tell stories, teach kids how to count, how to say “po” and “opo”, and a lot more!
I remember that Batibot was a paper of two of my classmates in college. They worked together on the topic. I joined them once to visit the set. I saw Manang Bola, Luningning, Baningning, and Ate Sienna. I was not able to see Pong Pagong ang Kiko Matsing. And I will not be able to see more of them when Batibot returns to TV. 


And that is the bad news! The new version of Batibot will not have my favorite turtle and monkey. This is due to the licensing issue between Philippine Children Television and Sesame Workshop.
One more thing that I will miss about the old Batibot is the great man behind it. The great Rene Villanueva.
Still, I am very happy that the kids today will be able to watch a show that a lot of young adults today enjoyed to watch during their early years.
Are you going to watch the new Batibot? Huwag tutulog-tulog, sabihin agad sa akin ang sagot. ba-be-bi-bo-bu! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!